In Wonder

“People from my first home say I'm brave. They tell me I'm strong. They pat me on the back and say, 'Way to go. Good job.' But the truth is, I am not really very brave; I am not really very strong, and I am not doing anything spectacular. I am simply doing what God has called me to do as a person who follows Him. He said to feed His sheep and He said to care for 'the least of these,' so that's what I'm doing, with the help of a lot of people who make it possible and in the company of those who make my life worth living”

In the fourth grade, we had to write an essay about our role model. I had chosen Mother Teresa and dreamed of possibly moving to India one day to work in a children’s home myself. It’s the weirdest and most wonderful feeling to finally be in India after a decade of dreaming. I knew I would fall in love with the country, it’s just an unexplainable feeling that I’ve always carried in my heart. For as long as I can strongly remember, India has been on my heart and I’ve had a longing. Now I’m here, and it still doesn’t feel real.

I’ve had many experiences in different cultures and countries, but already I can tell there is nothing quite like India. The smells, the tastes, the colours... all vibrant, full, not hiding away. I’m already surrounded and taken in by the intensity of what I’ve seen on this first half day. There are no words for the excitement I feel for the days to come.

I am so incredibly blessed and grateful to have these opportunities to reach people and be part of an incredible team who chose India. Sitting around the table tonight I was flooded with joy and a strength for what is to come.

With a stomach full of the best chicken tikka masala I have had in ages, and warm feelings from the interactions with the sweet people we’ve already encountered, I have no doubt that tomorrow will bring new wonder.

“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” - Mother Teresa 


Comments

  1. MoriahMoria, I justt Lo e your heart, I believe that your blessings will be greatly given, you make India sound full and rich in her culture, enjoy every moment, can't wait to see your next blog, you are taking us on your journey, thank you 🌹 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray that God will use you just as he used mother thersa while she was in India. Praying for your protection please let me know if any help you needed in India I am KAY's (good friend) all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, Moriah, to see a dream being realised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many blessings as you follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stories Worth Telling

A Wounded Healer